The Old Mill Cafe
Before 1882, the town was called Spring Grove and when the flour mill was built the combination of the two words of Mill and Thorpe (thorpe being a Middle English word for village) were joined, and since then this quaint little township has been known as Millthorpe. In its heyday, this Mill was one of the largest in NSW sourcing grain locally and also from around the state. Where The Old Mill Cafe & Restaurant stands today was (apparently) the town bakery, and slowly it has grown into the wonderful ’boutique’ cafe that it is today. The charm of the old building is still evident today with the beautiful ceilings and timber floors, and it’s a delight to all who walk through her doors. In August 2018 Patty and Danielle (mother and daughter) purchased the business and are continuing to produce all the meals, cakes and coffee that the locals and tourists have come to love and are slowly growing the menu.